Local Author Guidelines
Harvey’s Tales is proud to showcase the works of our local authors in Kane County! To have your book displayed in our Local Author section please review the information below:
- You must reside in a City of Kane County to be considered for the program.
- Your book should be professionally bound, finished and edited with the retail price clearly indicated. We cannot accept any book that does not meet that criteria. You will be required to provide a copy of your book and a submission application (see link to form below). Both the book and the form must be delivered in person to the store. We will not accept any book which has been published by Amazon or one of their subsidiaries (we hope you understand why).
- If your book is approved, we will randomly select 15 authors each month to display their book in our local author section for a period of 60 days. The books will be displayed face out and in alphabetical order by author’s name.
- We can accept no more than 5 copies of the title you submitted (due to limited storage) if selected for display.
- You will be notified when you are selected (please do not call the store to ask when that will be) and will be responsible for bringing in the books on the 28th of the month prior to your display month. You must pick up any remaining books on the 1st of the month following the month of your display. We cannot store any unsold book so your prompt pick up is required. If we run out of your book during your display month we will contact you for additional copies.
- Your book must be comparably priced to other books of the same size. Sixty (60%) percent of the retail price of the book will go to the author and forty (40%) percent will go to Harvey’s Tales.
- We will provide an accounting of your sales when you pick your books up and pay you for any sales via a check within 10 days after the month your book was displayed. We cannot provide marketing for your book other than to display it with a shelf talker. We encourage you to let your friends and family know the month your book is being displayed.
- Please note that due to the number of local authors who have contacted us, and our limited space, we cannot guarantee if, or when your book will be selected. Once selected for display, you will not be eligible for future display until we have gone thru all books that have been approved.